The first step to building a strong website and having it ranked among the top search results is performing keyword research.
With SE Ranking, you can research keywords using both the platform’s internal database and search engine suggestions for Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Search engine suggestions are popular queries that starts the same way as the entered query. They appear in a special box under the search bar as soon as you start entering a search phrase. By including them in the semantic core, you will reach far more users who are looking for products and services in your niche.
How to find
Hover over the “Tools” tab and click “Keyword Suggestions“. You can also hit the “Tools” module, hover your mouse over “Keyword Suggestions” and click “Open the tool”.
SE Ranking internal database
Keyword research in SE Ranking’s internal database is completely free, but has certain daily limits that depend on your subscription plan.
1. In the “Source” field, select “SE Ranking internal database”.
2. Choose the database country.
3. Specify the query you want to get keywords for.
4. Click the “Start search” button.
Search engine suggestions
1. In the “Source” field, select “Search engine suggestions”.
2. Select a search engine to collect suggestions from: Google, Yahoo, Bing.
3. Select a country.
4. Set the search depth for gathering suggestions – if you set the depth to 2 and 3, the system will gather more suggestions for the options gathered in the previous stage (the number of cycles depends on the depth). By setting the depth to 1, the system will collect suggestions for the specified keywords only once.
5. You can enter a set of symbols that will be added to the query (plus the space) to gather extra suggestions:
“query [a-z]” – the system will put a space after the query and will alternately add letters, collecting available search suggestions.
“query [0-9]” – the system will put a space after the query and will alternately add numbers from 0 to 9, collecting available search suggestions.
query [_]” – the system will put a space after the query and will collect all available search suggestions.
6. Enter the words that you want to get keyword suggestions on, one per line.
Check the settings and click “Start search”.
The “Results” tab shows the suggestions search history, namely, the last 100 search results. To see the details, click the view icon next to the query you need. Using the delete button, you can delete the search results for any query.
For suggestions, you can do the following:
- add to your project (to track positions for these queries);
- export (in .XLS or .CSV format).