To add a new project, log in to your SE Ranking account and follow the steps below.
Press the “Add a Website” button in the upper right corner or in the bottom left corner:
You will see a menu with the project settings:
1. Specify the name of the project (use any characters and languages you want). Later you will see it in the list of your projects in the Dashboard.
2. Either enter a website address or the URL of the video or a YouTube channel you want to analyze.
3. Choose the search range – 100 or 200:
- “Search Range 100” means that the service analyzes the TOP-100 results (first 10 search engine results pages);
- “Search Range 200” means that the service analyzes the TOP-200 (first 20 search engine results pages).
4. By adding a site to a group, you can easily cluster your projects in the Dashboard tab.
5. If you want to receive weekly reports via email, switch on this button. Under Reports settings, you can add up to 5 email addresses for automatic distribution.
6. You can choose the color that will designate your project in the projects table under the Dashboard tab.
7. If you check the “Advanced options” checkbox, you will see an additional menu:
1) Select the project status:
- paused (no data will be gathered).
2) Exact URL. Check the box if you want to monitor your rankings only for the exact URL. For example, it can be just a domain. In this case, the rankings will be checked only for the specific URL without taking the internal pages into account. Please note that if you specify the URL www.mysite.com and your website is displayed as www.mysite.com/en in search engine results, SE Ranking won’t show the ranking position based on your search query.
Usually, the rankings are checked for the entire website (including all pages), so we do not recommend this option.
3) Match subdomains. Check the box if you want to check subdomains in the SERP (i.e., check not only site.com, but also domain1.site.com, domain2.site.com, etc.).
4) Access to the project. You can grant access to the project to all sub-accounts and/or clients’ accounts.
5) You can instantly create a new sub-account and open access to the project.
Once you fill in all the fields, click the “Next” button.
You can change project settings at any time.