To add a new project, log in to your SE Ranking account and follow the steps below.
Press the “Create Project” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen or right above the Dashboard:
You will then be redirected to the Project settings menu:
- Enter a website URL or the URL of a YouTube video or channel that you want to track and analyze.
You can also choose the color that will highlight your project in the Projects table.
- Choose the domain type.
The domain type defines whether or not the domain has a subdomain.
- Specify the name of the project (use any characters and languages you want).
Once you finish adding your project, you will see the specified name in the Projects table in the Dashboard.
- Select or create a project group.
By adding a site to a group, you can easily bucket projects in the Dashboard.
- Choose the search range – 100 or 200:
- “Search Range 100” means that the service analyzes the top 100 search results (first 10 search engine results pages);
- “Search Range 200” means that the service analyzes the top 200 (first 20 search engine results pages).
- Access to the project.
Decide if you want to grant access to the project to all subaccounts and/or client accounts.
- Weekly report by default.
You will receive weekly reports on this project by toggling this option on. You can change the format by going to Report Builder → Scheduled.
- Website audit by default.
By toggling the website audit off, you can make sure your account limits aren’t spent on other projects.
- Select the project status:
The Project status defines the current state of the project. Data collection is enabled for active projects and is paused for inactive ones.
You can change the settings of any project at any time.
Once you fill in all the fields, press the “Next” button.