This module allows you to analyze all search terms that lead to your website based on Google Search Console data. SE Ranking will analyze the information and check whether all relevant keywords have been added to the project. If some of the queries that drive the majority of organic traffic are missing in the project, we recommend adding them for tracking.
Google Search Console connection
1. Log in to your Google Search Console account where you’ve already added your website and choose “Manage property” → “Add or remove users”.
2. Add our service email as a new user that is able to import backlinks from your account (find the up-to-date email in the module page).
3. Return to the service and click the “Test Connection” button in the Project settings → Integrations.
If your site has not yet been added to Google Search Console, follow this guide from Google.
Data you will have after connection
Once Google Search Console is connected, you can view data in the “Google Search Console data” tab and import backlinks to the “Backlinks monitor” module.
Google Search Console data
1. Queries that generated impressions for your website in Google SERPs.
2. Keyword positions added to the project.
3. Number of impressions in Google search for a specified search query.
4. Number of clicks to the site for the specified search query.
5. Average position in Google for a specified search query (not including the target region).
The numbers in the “Position” and “Average position” columns may differ. In the “Position” column, you can find the recent positions of the keywords added to SE Ranking projects. And in the “Average position” column, we show data from Google (average position in Google for a specified search query, not including the target region).
6. CTR (%).
Based on the data displayed below, we can evaluate the success of certain queries: if the number of impressions is large, and there are no clicks at all, your snippets are most likely not attractive. In this case, we recommend you to revise the snippets and improve them.
If there are queries with a large number of impressions, but you have not yet added them to the project, we suggest doing so. Such queries are much easier to work with and boost their performance.